6-8th Grade Texts
One Green Line
.2 XP per page
These texts are appropriate for readers who have trouble with the more complex vocabulary of high school literature, and provide a comfortable starting point to begin enjoying reading.
9th-10th Grade Texts
One Blue Line
.4 XP per page
These texts have more complex writing techniques, and cover more realistic content.
These provide a moderate level of difficulty and a moderate amount of new vocabulary.
11th and 12th Grade Texts
Two Blue Lines
.5 XP per page
These texts use vocabulary that is consistently at an ACT level and will assist in preparing a student for the ACT assessment by providing a level of difficulty similar to that of the test.
The content and themes of these texts will be more difficult to understand for beginning or moderate ability readers.
College Level Texts
One Red Line
.6 XP per page
These are AP level texts that use a vocabulary that is precise more than complex and will often assume the reader has a baseline knowledge of the content area, or of high level vocabulary and terms.
These are just here for stretching and testing the collegiate waters.
Once students have completed a text they will receive "XP" for the length and difficulty of the text upon completion of their text review essay.
Book Review Essays MUST include the following to count toward XP or toward a Homework grade.
1. Must be typed
2. Must be normal margins, and 12 Font Times New Roman when turned in
3. Must be MORE than 2 pages of writing
4. Must be DOUBLE SPACED
1. Must include the Author's name and the date the book was published
2. Must include a description of the genre of the book (horror, fiction, non-fiction, history, sci-fi, etc.)
3. Must include a personal opinion of the text and why you liked or disliked it.
4. Must include excerpts from the text (at least three) that give an example backing up why you liked or disliked the text.
5. Must include whether or not you thought the content and level was appropriately marked.
Your review MUST be uploaded to this website via the TURN IN HW button on the front page to receive credit.